8th Collaborative Research Symposium on Security, E-learning, Internet and Networking (SEIN 2013)
November 15, 2013
The Collaborative Research Symposium on Security, E-learning, Internet and Networking (SEIN) has a long-standing tradition as a platform for exchange between researchers from Plymouth University, Hochschule Darmstadt, and other node partners.
SEIN 2013 will be hosted by Hochschule Darmstadt - University of Applied Sciences on November 15, 2013.
SEIN 2013 will be launched in a new format:
- A symposium for researchers in all stages of their research projects ÔÇô beginners and advanced researchers.
- Topics include all research areas of our nodes: Plymouth University (CSCAN Network), Hochschule Darmstadt (Computer Science Department), Hochschule Furtwangen (Computer Science Department), etc.
- The focus of the symposium is discussing and exchanging research ideas and personal networking. There will be no paper submission and review process, no proceedings and, hence, no publication.
- Presenters should raise open research issues rather than present final results. There will be as much discussion time as presentation time (10 minutes presentation + 10 minutes discussion). Presentations can be registered until shortly before the event.
- There will be no conference fees. Participants arrange travel and accommodation and pay for all expenses individually.
9:30 Symposium opening and welcome
10:00 - 13:00 Presentations and discussion
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch (University cantine)
14:00 - 18:00 Presentations and discussion
20:00 Dinner (Restaurant Khan, Goebelstr. 21, Darmstadt, http://www.darmstadtnacht.de/restaurant-darmstadt/khan.htm )
Hochschule Darmstadt - University of Applied Sciences, Computer Science Department, Sch├Âfferstr. 8b, Darmstadt,
Building D14, Rooms 0.13 and 0.15.
Room 4.04 will be available all day for supervisory meetings.
Prof. Dr. Bernhard Humm
Director, Institute for Applied Informatics, Darmstadt (aIDa)
h_da Hochschule Darmstadt - University of Applied Sciences
Computer Science Department